- The State of Connecticut has assembled this guide to provide information regarding COVID-19. It is updated regularly as the state takes new actions to help residents through this crisis.
- Healthcare Coverage Qualified individuals and families can apply for Medicaid via Access Health CT at any time. Enroll by phone: 855-365-2428, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm or online at acceshealthct.com
- Applying for Unemployment Benefits This is a FAQ from the state for people who need to file for unemployment benefits. It is being updated regularly. Be aware that the state recently released filing instructions meant to expedite the filing process.
- Utilities The State of Connecticut has announced a moratorium on utility shutoffs (electric, gas, and water) until further notice. Many phone providers, utilities, auto loans, and credit card companies are easing shut offs and waiving fees during the pandemic. Call your credit card issuer: Fees or payments may be waived.
- Food Assistance The Connecticut Food Bank has released a food pantry map. Put in your address to find the nearest food pantry.
- Small Businesses The Governor announced that he is opening up disaster relief funding for small businesses and nonprofits. These organizations can apply for low interest loans of up to $2 million. Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program is offering small businesses and nonprofits no-interest loans of up to $75,000.
Renters and Homeowners
- The Governor issued an executive order stay on eviction and foreclosure actions until July 1st.
- The State of Connecticut also released this guide providing a variety of resources for people who are facing home foreclosure due to financial hardship. Foreclosure hotline: 877-472-8313
- Workers This page provides a variety of guides for industry specific resources and guidance.
- Direct Financial Assistance for Restaurant Workers These grants are open to undocumented restaurant workers as well as to those with citizenship or residency.
- UNITE HERE’s Hospitality Industry Sanitation Guidelines